This year ‘Route 2 Crook’ 5 mile Road Race from Goleen – Crookhaven will take place on Sunday 13th August starting @ 11am. It is organised by Mizen Rovers Underage GAA as a fundraiser for the club.
Registration on the day at Goleen Community Sports Centre from 9.00am – 10.30am.
Directions to Goleen Community Center for registration
Starting time for competitive walkers is 10am. There will be a prize for the 1st Adult Lady and 1st Adult Gent to reach the finish line in Crookhaven. Starting line is same as main race, near the grotto at the entrance to the village. Fun walkers are welcome to start when they have registered as in previous years. All walkers will be in for a chance to win spot prizes.
U16’s will be bused from the Community Centre to the 2½ mile mark no later than 10.15am for their starting time of 10.30am. Please register no later that 10.15am.
Main Runners will start at 11am. Prizes for the 1st, 2nd & 3rd male & female plus prizes for all other categories..
There will also be a prize for the 1st local male and female outside of the top three and not attached to a club
RUNNERS – €10
WALKERS – €10
U16’s – €5.
Please attach your race number to the front with a safety pin in each corner so that your number is visible as you approach the finish line.
(Safety pins are provided with race number)
Water stations will be provided along the route.
Refreshments will be provided to all participants at the finish line in Crookhaven
Presentation of medals will take place as soon as all participants have finished.
Contact: Eamonn 086 8163878 Mary 086 3863377
- O’Sullivan’s Bar & Nottages Restaurant, Crookhaven
- Crookhaven Inn
- Carbery Group – Ballineen
- Mark Dwant – Barleycove Hotel
- Denny O’Meara – Goleen
- Dermot Sheehan – Goleen Grocer
- Fastnet Bar – Goleen
- The Lobster Pot Bar – Goleen
- Tim & Marie McCarthy Butchers – Goleen
- Drinagh Co Op
- Norma’s Bar – Goleen
- Field’s Supervalu Skibbereen
- Gnosh Foods – Dunkelly, Goleen
- Timmy Barnett – Construction Ltd, Lowertown
- O’Donoghue Plamt Hire – Goleen
- Glenillen Farm Products – Drimoleague
- Gubbeen Cheese, Schull
- Skeaghanore Duck – Ballydehob
- Jorg’s Goldsmith Studio – Crookhaven
- Gally Cove House B & B – Crookhaven
- ‘Along The Way’ Coffee Shop – Goleen
- Hourihan Sports – Skibbereen